|Ghost in the Machine|
|Original broadcast||May 15, 2009|
|Series||The Secret Saturdays|
|Overall episode number||15|
|Written by||Mark Palmer|
|Directed by||Scott Jeralds|
|Previous episode||The Underworld Bride|
|Next episode||Something in the Water|
When visited by the ghost of Doc's deceased mentor Dr. Basil Lancaster in the form of an EVP, the family goes to Honey Island Swamp to finish up some old business: a project to find the DNA of all the cryptids on Earth. While Doc and Drew go to finish the project, Zak, Fiskerton and Komodo explore the swamp. However, they end up causing every cryptid in the area (such as the Georgia Pigman, the Momo, the Green Goon, the Kinchafoonie Creep, the Bishopville Lizard Man, and the Honey Island Swamp Monster) to attack. After repelling the cryptids, Doc and Drew continue their work and Zak is kidnapped by scientists who were a part of a defunct-secret cold war government project to make cryptid super-soldiers. They merge him, Fiskerton, and Komodo into one cryptid before they can escape. The cryptids help the Saturdays defeat the scientists, in the process revealing that they are all in reality humans whose DNA have been merged with animal DNA by the scientists and escaped when Dr. Lancaster betrayed the other scientists and saved them, and Doc and Drew force them to cure the boys. Honoring Dr. Lancaster's final request, the cryptids and the Saturdays destroy all that remained of the project.
- Fiskerton Phantom
- Komodo Dragon
- Honey Island Swamp Monster
- Fouke Monster
- Man Cat
- Lake Worth Monster
- Bishopville Lizardman
- Georgia Pigman
- Devil Monkey
- Green Goon
- Hawley Him
- Kinchafoonie Creep
- Mississippi Swamp Ape
- Saturday Hybrid
- In the reflection on the computer Doc's scar is not seen.
- In the scene where Zak is knocked backwards because he couldn't use his powers on the Swamp Monster, he landed against a tree, but in the next scenes, the tree is gone, but Zak still sits in a similar position.
Click here to view the gallery.
- The title of the episode is probably based from the Japanese Animated film, and TV series "Ghost in The Shell."
- It could be based off an episode of the X-Files of the same name. In the episode, they showed voice recording splicing as the scientists did to lure the Saturdays.
- When Komodo, Fisk, and Zak got into one body, it seemed that Zak was the dominant one, because he made his pets also say "Mom?" to Drew.
- Fisk, Komodo or Zak would never hurt Doc and Drew.