|Life in the Underground|
|Original broadcast||January 16th, 2010|
|Series||The Secret Saturdays|
|Overall episode number||34|
|Written by||Adam Beechen|
|Directed by||Scott Jeralds|
|Previous episode||The Unblinking Eye|
|Next episode||And Your Enemies Closer|
Zak's birthday party is filled with surprises, including a visit from Ulraj and Wadi. The Saturdays find out a town is being attacked by cryptids. When the Saturdays come to investigate, they are attacked. Zak's crush for Wadi and hers for him are made more open in this episode. Zak later encounters Argost in a clock tower, who hints at Kur's ability to control an entire army of cryptids from long distances. Zak, Wadi and Ulraj pursue the cryptids underground. Eventually, they fall into a pit that starts to fill with dirt. As they were being buried alive, Zak remembered Argost's words and managed to summon one of the cryptids to save them. The three soon learn that the cryptids were actually making a survival colony to save themselves from Kur. Realizing this, Zak assures the cryptids that he has no intention to harm them or anyone and ultimately earns their trust. Zak returns to the clock tower to thank Argost, who then gives Zak a neural parasite to contact him with should the need arise, despite Fisk's objections.
- Kur (a.k.a. Zak Saturday)
- Fiskerton Phantom
- Komodo Dragon
- Yeti (a.k.a. V.V. Argost)
- Neural Parasite
- South Africa (mentioned only)
- Saturday HQ
- The city is being attacked
Click here to view the gallery.
- Ulraj's and Wadi's Season 2 debuts.
- We learn that Zak can control cryptids no matter how the distance between him and them.
- In the this episode, Zak admits that he has a crush on Wadi, and Wadi also shows her interest in Zak.
- Wadi kisses Zak on the cheek for the first time.
- We learn that Ulraj doesn't like Wadi, because she is not his type, much to Wadi's dismay, which makes her like Zak more than him.
- The Jinshin-Uwo is actually the Minhocao. The Jinshin-Uwo is actually a giant eel-like creature, while Minhocao is large worm.